Wednesday, January 10, 2007
As title means it : at each iteration / contraction, let be a new iterator, with augmented contractive ratio and angle.
Code : redesign is now needed. Let's use XOTcl for objects and classes, and let's define iterator, superiterator, shape, svg renderer ...
But first let's play with shapes and parameters ...
- I love Tcl, so I've got my generative tool :-)
- I want to use vector shapes, so use SVG. As for display tool, use Inkscape.
- Maths ? For the moment, basic contractive mapping : take a circle, translate it, rotate it, scale it down, and iterate.
Abstract : Mandelbrot reconstruction, and beyond.
More precisely :
- Mandelbrot set is beautifull, but uncontrollable. You have to iterate z2 + c.
- Mandelbrot set is rasterized : compute each pixel, and let the brain rebuild the shape
- Mandelbrot set is limited : despite the variety of shapes and coloring algorithm, you find always the same contracting pattern.
So why not create a new kind of generative code to push the enveloppe ...
Birth. Every story has a beginning, so let's do it